Friday, January 30, 2009

Grandmother - and the POWER of prayer!

This morning I awoke with a frantic call from my mother that Grandmother was having a stroke. Apparently Mom was taking her to get her hair done, when suddenly she went limp on her right side and couldn't speak. Mom headed straight to the ER. When she arrived the ER doctors were sure she was having a stroke - however within about an hour they were quite puzzled. Here is why ...

Within 10 minutes of my mom calling me, I sent out a text to about 40 people asking for prayer for Grandmother. With everything the Lord has brought us through, I've learned to immediately turn to prayer, rather than using it as a last resort. What a blessing to know that each person I sent that message to would, immediately, hit their knees on my grandmother's behalf. Friends - Grandmother's quick recovery is not baffling to me - it is the result of believer's joining together in His name asking Him to heal my grandmother's body!!

When I first arrived at the hospital things were not good. Grandmother could speak a little, but you couldn't understand a word she was saying. Her right side was still a little paralyzed. She also seemed to have lost most of her short term memory, and didn't know who Will was. However, within 30 minutes, things began to look up. When I left at 12:00, the doctors determined it was not a stroke after all, but a TIA (I have no clue what that stands for, but it is basically a mini-stroke, or what comes before a stroke). The doctor couldn't believe this was merely a TIA, because he was so sure when she arrived it was a stroke. I believe in the power of prayer!!

More tests will be run the rest of today - but she is probably GOING HOME tonight. PRAISE THE LORD! The conclusion is that the surgery she had about a month ago to remove plaque from her corroded artery, loosened up other blockage closer to the brain. She will be going back to her surgeon in Dallas for follow up testing, and possibly more surgery. But for now, she is doing much better ... still a little sluggish, but much better!!

I will continue to post as we get more updates, but I feel sure it will probably be next week sometime. Again, what a blessing to have such dear brothers and sisters in Christ that will go before the Lord with me. I praise God for each of you!!!

1 comments:

James and Traci said...

Hey Kaely-
GOD IS AWESOME!
We are continuing to hold Grandmother Armstrong in prayer. We love you guys so much and are so glad that she is doing so much better.