Sunday, August 24, 2008

Our Summer in Brief Review

I realize it has been quite a long time since I’ve given a real update on the Tippen household. Things have been really busy this summer, and blogging isn’t one of the things I made fit into my daily schedule. However maybe that will change. I still thoroughly enjoying reading the blogs of those I hold dear, and I know most of those blogging buddies have asked for an update. So here it goes …

Will and I closed on our first home July 10th. We knew there were a few things we wanted to accomplish before moving our things in (mostly painting and remodeling the master bath), but those “few things” have grown into numerous major projects. Come to find out our precious new home had BOTH mold and termites. Yep – what a finding! Needless to say after some initial panic it is all going to be okay. Praise the Lord for my father, who can literally do it all. He has been such a blessing to us and is continuing to direct us through each step of our remodel. Several of our rooms are now down to the studs, although we hope to insulate and add sheetrock this next weekend. Our goal is to finish by the end of September, although Dad says it’ll be November!

Will started working with his family at Salta in July. It really has been a blessing and the Lord has made it evident to us both that we did hear Him correctly. Will finds his work challenging, with new things arising each day.

I have started my job search, and actually interviewed with a firm last Friday. Will had asked me to wait to search until we had our house – but then my search was put back even further with all the remodel work we are doing. But we finally decided that my time is better spent utilizing my education, rather than heading up our construction crew. I have a few more leads I will be following up. I know God has the exact place He wants me and it’ll be exciting to see where I wind up.

Ginger is doing well. She has added a little bit to her waistline – therefore earning the nickname “Tubbie.” Our goal is to add evening walks to our schedule once we move into our home. Ginger has seen her new backyard, but can’t wait for the rock to move out and the grass to move in. Her little paws tend to fall between the rocks. :) But Will promised her she would have a very nice place when he was finished.

We realized that our entire marriage has been spent with one of us in school, so this summer we decided to take some time off to chill and just be married. We were blessed to have many travels together – Nantucket with Dandy, Kansas with the Welch Family, Colorado with the Harendt’s, many trips back to Austin to spend time with friends, and Oklahoma this weekend for a friends wedding. After this last trip I think we’ll stay parked for a while. It sure has been fun though –I think we are addicted to travel!

I guess that is all for now. I thought I had house pictures on my computer – but I can’t find them right now. So I’ll have to take more (with someone else’s camera since ours is MIA) and post them later. So look forward to returning soon – HEY, maybe I’ll have 2 posts in one week!!! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the update! love you much! you can always take a trip to allen!

Kara said...

Wow! A new post! :) I can't wait to see the pics of the house. i am so glad you guys are in town...we need to get together more!

Lori said...

I just wanted to let you know that Jared and I are lifting your family up today and in the days to come. We love you all!