Thursday, April 10, 2008

Praise for Protection and more

There are 2 girls on the trip taking all the pictures, so when they get back we will load them on the computer and share with everyone. Here is another email from Kaely. She is having so much fun.
----

Good morning! We are about to leave for the beach - and will then head to Santiago where we will work on the farm tomorrow and head out first thing Saturday morning. It is really sad to leave here b/c this is where the school and all the beautiful children are. It is amazing to see people who have no material possessions, yet more joy than most people I have ever met. They also have their priorities straight - family and community are the things that they value. Everyone takes care of everyone else. It really is a lesson for me. It'll be exciting for me to share when I get home. There are 2 girls who have been in charge of taking pictures, and they will share w/ all of us.

Although God has definitely been seen throughout this entire trip, yesterday afternoon was the most evident. Our guagua (van) caught on fire last night and burned completely. Just wait until you see the pictures - it really is devastating. But SO MANY praises, b/c it just happened to be parked outside of the garage - something that they NEVER do. I'll have to tell the full story in person, too many details to write. So now our church will start fundraising for a new one - that is how they carry groups when they come to work.

I love y'all! Although I am excited to come home and share - I really don't want to leave. I LOVE it here.

-Kaely

0 comments: